Saturday, January 8, 2011

A little About me

This being my first blogging experience I figured I'd take this as a opportunity to tell you a little about me and what I hope to achieve with this blog.

First off I will start by saying that this blog is inspired by Skeleton Jack (SJ). Most people who play Death Knights since WotLK have either heard or have read SJ. If you haven't well he is a blogger as well who centered his blogging around DK information and helping the DK community with good information. What I liked about his blog the most is he wasn't Elitist. He would give advice, but would always state that his information was "The All, and All". Skeleton Jack has recently quit World of Warcraft which kinda sparked my interest in starting this blog. I don't in no way intend to try and fill his boots but i hope to contribute to the DK community. For those of you who want to know more about SJ you can visit him at www.skeletonjack.com.

I started WoW in Vanilla as a Priest a few months before The Burning Crusade. Played a Priest all through TBC doing some of the raids and then doing a lot of PVP as the content began to tire. At the end of TBC i leveled an Enhancement Shaman with the intent of making him my main. It was the fast paced melee style of play that i liked about the Shaman.I never had the intent on playing a DK as I like many others did not want to hope on the bandwagon of the new class. One of my long time WoW friends "Medic" had started to play a Death Knight and he was telling me about how awesome they were. Well I need to see this awesomeness. So I created one and was instantly hooked. The fact that they were OP at the time also was fun. I luckily got to level my DK during the OP days where Unholy Blight was an AoE dot, and pretty much everything else hit like a truck. My Dk's name at the time was "Arthasol". Now before I get flamed about that name I have to let everyone know I in no way named it after "Arthas". It was actually a complete accident. I haven't till recently been into much of the lore in WoW so when I was making that name I really had no clue Lich King was "Prince Arthas". Yes yes you can laugh at me for that lack of common knowledge lol.. Anyways I've always like to choose unique and fun names and Arthasol was in my mind unique (till i got flamed weekly in game). It was also suppose to be pronounced Are - ThaSoul. Anyways enough about my scrub name choice. I leveled very quickly a soon joined a Raiding guild with a bunch of RL Friends. This is where I took an interest in the mechanics and knowledge about my class, rather than be a mindless button masher like others. Anyways I raided with this guild up until Ulduar where things kinda fell apart and I decided to transfer servers with a RL Friend and join the guild I am in now "Insanity Inc" on Staghlem. I also too this opportunity to rename my DK Thanatøs. Here I had to prove myself which I did and earn a raid spot with "Insanity Inc" and am currently still with them.

When I started raiding I was Unholy Speced. Since then I have played Diseaseless Blood, DW Frost (32/39 baby!!). I've have played and taken the time to learn all the different specs and cookie cutters we have had since our release. Though I have always gone back to Unholy. Just before the end of WotLK our guild lost a couple of out Main Tanks so I was asked to step in as I had collected quite the nice Tank set. Reluctantly I did so. I really did not enjoy tanking much at all until the pre-cata patch where Blood was made "The" Tank Spec. And now i am a full time Main Tank for the guild and love it!. That being said this blog will have information on all specs, But most of the posts on encounters and such I have experienced will be from a tank perspective.

Lastly I will include this disclaimer about this blog. I in no way know everything about Death Knights nor am I an Elitist that uses napkin math to make every decision in my game play. If Min/Max Numbers are what you are looking for then please visit www.Elitistjerks.com . It is a great site and I frequently visit it for detailed explanations. My intend here is to give the casual reader/player information that can make he/she a better player. As well as to give my 2 cents.

Well I think i have gone on enough about myself and what brings me here. I hope that over time this blog can be seen as a good place for DK.

Here the armory link to Thanatos - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/staghelm/thanat%c3%b8s/simple


Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment